Saturday, 23 April 2016
I remember the days where I could open up a chocolate bar at anytime, drink a cup of tea to myself, enjoy dinner without little fingers going into it. Those days are now gone.
Lily has always been one for wanting what ever I was having, but now she is even worse for it. I can't seem to have anything without her wanting some of it, even though she doesn't like what I'm eating most the time.
Here are 5 things I can no longer enjoy to myself.
1. Chocolate - Lily knows exactly what this stuff is now and how it tastes so amazing! I really don't like her having too much chocolate but I must admit I am a bit of a chocoholic and crave it a lot. I was really hungry the other day and was trying to sneak a Twix into my mouth without her seeing but though I completely hid it, she somehow knew and was pointing to my mouth making the noise she makes when she wants something. BUSTED and lily gets a small piece of my chocolate.
2. Pasta with Cheese - So the other day Lily had finished her dinner and I sat down to eat mine. I had pasta bake with tons of grated cheese on it. So Lily comes and sits next to me and suddenly I have fingers in my food and all my cheese is getting stolen from the top of it. Bye bye cheesy pasta, Hello just pasta. Wow this little lady can eat cheese!
3. Olives - I really love my chopped black olives and now that I have introduced them to Lily there is no going back. She LOVES them. We had a picnic the other day and I did a nice big tub full of them for us to share. Share is a funny word as Lily was quickly eating most of them and I had to try and get some before they were all gone.
4. Tea and biscuits - Lily doesn't even like tea, but she always wants mine if I'm drinking it. Which means firstly I can never drink it hot as usually she tries to climb all over me to get to it, and then secondly I can never drink it in peace as she is constantly pointing to the cup and making her 'I want' noise until I give in and put the cup to her mouth. She doesn't even drink it but she just wants me to offer it her. As for the biscuits its lucky that my favourite ones are rich tea or malted milk as in the morning when I have my cup of tea. If Lily sees me having one then she must also have one to. I usually snap my biscuit in half and give half to her but the other day the cheeky little monkey decided she wanted both pieces and took both biscuits out of each hand I was holding them in and happily wandered of leaving me sat there with nothing. Note to self, snap biscuit out of little hands reach!
5. Sweet treats like cake or cream - So the other day I decided to treat myself to cake and tea from Patisserie Valerie. Lily was fast asleep in the pram so I thought perfect. I can enjoy this in peace and take a little break. I ordered a lovely fruit tart that came with lots of cream. Just as it was placed on my table and I picked up my fork to start digging in, her little eyes opened and she was awake. It as if she knew she was missing out on something good. The pointing and the 'I want' noise kicks in and she ends up getting some of my cream from my tart.
I think sharing with our children shows the amount of love we have for them. I doubt I would happily share these 5 things with other people so easily. I do think I will have to start eating my chocolate in the bathroom from now on though haha.
What do you end up having to share with your little ones?