Today marks the day of my Blogiversary! Above you see one very tired but happy blogging mummy celebrating the only way she can. By sitting on her computer about to write a post! A year ago today, I posted my first first post which was a very simple Hello! My First week of a blogger was all about getting my blog looking good, and all the hard work of putting it toggether began.
Lily was already 14 months old and so I had the hard task of writing all about the last 14 months for my few first blog posts. You really don't realise how much you forget until you go to write it all down. The good thing is, I now have lots written all about Lily from the age of 14 months to 2 years old. Im so looking forward to looking back through old posts and reading all about her and nice memories.
One thing that is great to look back on is My Sunday Photo. If you follow my blog you will notice each week that I a photograph of Lily on sunday which was taken that week. Looking at week 1 of Sunday Photo, and the Sunday Photo just gone, I really can't believe how much she has grown.
The blog has taken off so much faster then I thought it would and there have been so many highlights. I wrote a highlights post a few weeks ago so I won't write them again but if you are interested you can read them here.
My social media's all have so many more followers than I thought I would in a year. As it stands I have -
Twitter - 4151 Followers
Facebook - 1715 Followers
Instagram - 1346 Followers
And i'm really happy to be in the Top 500 of Tots100. Im ever so proud of my blog. Its really nice to own something that is all your own hard work and also something you look at and love. If few years ago I told myself that I had a blog like this, I would of laughed and not believed myself. As a matter of fact. Ive always hated writing so its really funny that i'm doing something which is almost 100% writing and i'm actually enjoying it.
So now I look towards another year of blogging. There are definetly a few things I would like to do and a few things to work on. Here are some of the things you can expect to see.
1. Post More Activities - This is something I feel that I really wanted to focus on and haven't. Now Lily is getting older she is getting more interested in doing things with me and so we will definetly be getting more creative.
2. Bake more - I plan on baking more and posting what I bake (disaster or not). This is a love and hobbie of mine and so its something i'm thinking of featuring on the blog more often. Baking is a great thing to do with our children.
3. A Monthly Photography post - Photography is something I really want to be doing more of. I really hope to get back into my love for it. It may be shoots of Lily, or may be other shoots. It may be old work, or it may be new work. Or I may write about photography I love. This is a post I will be doing for me. Just to be able to keep my interest and enthusiasm in something I love so much.
4. Mid Month More about me - This is something I have wanted to start up for a while. Im thinking of maybe creating a linky, where once a month we can write a post where we tell everyone a little more about ourselves and then share them with each other. You read so many blogger posts without actually knowing much about the person you are reading about, so I think it would be lovely to write about the things we love and dislike and the things we have done in life.
5. Re vamp the blog - I do like the way my blog looks at the moment. I don't really want to make drastic changes. But you may notice a few start to happen. For example i'm hoping for a new logo and banner very soon.
I would love to know what you think to my ideas and also what else you would like to see from Lily's Little Learners.
Thank you for following and I hope that you carry on to do so for the year ahead.
Oh and One more thing...
It wouldn't be a Blogiversary without some sort of giveaway would it? So seen as I love all my readers and followers so much. I will be treating one lucky winner to an American Candy Box.
All you have to do is enter on the Gleam app below. Thank you for Following and good Luck!