When it comes to photographing things, as well as taking photographs to make things beautiful, I also like to make things look a little abstract by using shadows and contrasts and photographing in black and white. So todays set of pictures you will see some beauty and you will see some abstract.
Hope you like them.
1. The Pond - I decided to sit at this pond for quite some time. Such a beautiful little area with lots of colour.
2. Frogs at the pond - While I was sitting at the pond, 2 cute little frogs paid me a visit, one was sat on the back of the other.
3. Dino Branch - I loved this branch that I found, such a strange shape and it reminded me of a dinosaur with a long neck, or a strange lock ness monster. I have always noticed shapes in the things I find.
4. The Tree - Another one that I could see shapes in. I spotted what looks like a stags head at first, which I found interesting but then a friend pointed out that part of it looked like a ballerina and now I can definetly see that. I also see a devil and angel sort of shape with the horns and lady looking figure. It really is a wonderful tree.
5. The Hill - This is Pendle Hill, it has always been on of my favourite hills and it looked great on this beautiful day. I love how the sunshine brings out all the colours and makes everything so vibrant.
6. Spring flowers - I just loved the way that the light has fallen on this flower. It really highlighted it amongst the rest.
7. Spring Flower close up - another view of the spring flower. I love how vibrant it is and the light that fell on it really helped bring out the colours.
8. The Nettle Leaf - I found a little area while I was walking which had a mixture of metal fence and nettles and instead of photographing it in colour, I decided that in black and white it would make it look a little more abstract and different. It is amazing how dark you can make an image look on such a bright day.
9. Thorns and flowers - In the same area I found some thorns and little delicate flowers which were also along side the metal fence. Again rather than photographing the colour of these little flowers I decided to make the image a little different with taking it in black and white. The dark background almost makes it look like it was taken at night where as really this was a bright sunny day.
10. Thorns and Flowers - Another view of the little flowers I found.
Which of the 10 photographs do you like the most and why?