To keep my head in photography I have decided to do a blog post a month all about my photography, you can see Junes post here.
This month I have been taking so many photographs. The weather has been great and so I have managed to get out and about with my new camera a lot.
It was really hard to choose which photographs to show you this month. But I have decided to show you some that I took last week of the beautiful Weymouth while I was on holiday there.
I had my camera with me all week and so just took photographs as the inspiration grabbed me. Most you see here are of the beautiful views around me. Some are because I liked how the light looked and how shadows were formed. I still have so many photographs to edit and show you, so maybe next months photographs will be those.
Hope you enjoy this months photographs.
1. Weymouth Harbour - This is the beautiful harbour that I got to see each day. I have taken photographs from this bridge so many times but I don't think I have ever captured it looking so blue and the sky looking so clear.
2. The Boot - This is the oldest pub in weymouth, rumoured to be haunted. I do love that Weymouth still has its nice old buildings still around. Just behind it you can see a building that is tudor. As I passed it I just had to go and get a photograph.
3. Portland - This year we took a long walk that brought us out to a place that I could get a really nice photograph of Portland. I have always loved the shape of Portland which sticks out to see at the end of Chesil beach.
4. Peeping Portland - I also got this photograph of Portland through the doorway of an old castle. I liked how the door way framed the view.
5. Sea Steps - This photograph I took because I loved how the light was creating fun patterned shadows on the steps. The lighting was also falling really nicely on the rocks making them stand out. I always get over excited about light and the way it can fall on something to make it look interesting and beautiful.
6. Zen - Okay I hold my hands up, the rocks wern't piled up like this. I did that myself because I had this picture in mind and thought it would be nice. This place on Chesil Beach is so relaxing, the pebbles are huge and I love to sit on them and hear the sea crash against them. This is one place I am at my most relaxed.
7. Portland Lighthouse - I love Portland Lighthouse. I love its traditional stripes and how it towers above anything else at the end of Portland. No matter where you stand at portland you can always see it. I sometimes feel really surreal looking at it just because of how big it is. I Liked how you could see it peeping from these rocks and how the huge rocks make the lighthouse look small. Which it is anything but.
10. Towards the Brewers Quay - Walking a long this street I loved how the low but strong sun was creating shadows on the wall. Making the street so bright but yet the Brewers Quay building so dark and scary.
I was going to show just 10 photographs, but I have one more for you. I name this one Life's Tough Choices. As approaching the end of this path, I had a choice to go left along a coastal path, or right a long a coastal path. It made me giggle because of the choice I would have to make and how it was such a hard choice having to choose between a lovely coastal path or another coastal path. At this moment I thought sarcastically to myself. Life is hard! Haha
So which of this months photographs do you like the most and why?
(Images all Copyright to Cassandra Mayers Photography)